Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 5

     The day after New Year's Day.  This, for me, is when the brick of time passing really drops on my head.  I am twenty this year.  To anyone who's been twenty already I guess it must sound egotistical to say it like that - but it is a thing to swallow.  You know The Civil Wars' song "20 Years"?  Well, I used to listen to that and feel very childish, thinking, "I haven't even lived twenty years yet, so I can't even understand the measure of time this song is talking about."  Well, here I am . . .  It's one of those surreal points we unknowingly set ourselves in life by barely expecting the inevitable just because it's far off.
     I realize it's very possible that writing about myself is the most boring thing anyone's ever been kind enough to endure (if anyone is in fact enduring it).  What should I do to make this more interesting?
    Are 30-day photo challenges boring?  Maybe.  Maybe they don't have to be.  I'll see if I can find an interesting one.

     Okay.  I shall be wild and crazy and so unconventional and do three at once:

This song challenge:


This writing challenge:


And this picture challenge (yes, it's labeled March, but hey, March is a lovely month, a fact which may be appreciated at any time of the year):


     And I shall try not to be boring and self-absorbed about it.  I know I do like seeing these when other people do them, so I hope I'm all right.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment